Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bill who? The events of Wednesday 27/9/06

Today was an interesting day to say the least. I had wanted to speak on health to raise the issue of the patients. The ideology versus patient care is one that I feel passionately about and the debate was on two composites to which composite 7 held the more realistic view that we have advanced and funded the NHS but as Bill Clinton said we need to be agents of change to succeed. As I pointed out in my speech though we should not make changes for changes sake.



After the lively debate, and make no mistake the Party is better for an open debate, the NEC statement was passed by the CLPs. The composite 8 was passed overall.




After the debate Patricia Hewitt and I recorded a podcast the link to which is below. Please listen to it as her answers are frank and the questions were sent in by the public. I would like to thank her for her frankness and openness, especially directly after addressing Conference. Also thanks to the www.Labour.org.uk website team. Once again I look constipated and forgot to smile!!!


http://www.unique-media.tv/new_labour/podcasts/conference2006_patriciahewitt.mp3

Or you can click on the link to the right of the page.


A more detailed report will by presented to my CLP this week. It has been a rollercoaster ride and as a last thought I would like to mention how good it was to see so many ethnic minorities that addressed conference. Our Labour Party should be really proud about this.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?